When starting a salon business, one of the most critical steps to take is building your clientele. While the services offered typically help focus on your target audience, it’s essential to know that business fluctuates. Some clients will relocate to different areas, while others will stop making appointments due to less-than-ideal experiences. Whatever the case may be, one thing is for sure: you must always keep business going. To better explain, here are 10 unique ways that salons can attract new clients.
- Add Appointment Tracking Software: In the age of technology, keeping up with the times does a business well. Consider implementing software that allows clients to schedule their appointments online.
- Build a Social Media Presence: Social media is a powerful thing, and it’s a surefire way of building a brand. You can create a video channel, a photoblog page to advertise services, promotions, and before-and-after photos of clients.
- Upgrade Your Website: There comes a time when websites go through transformations of their own to accommodate their audience. Keep in mind that an accessible website where crowds of all ages can navigate is what you want to keep the clients you have and attract new ones.
- Offer Incentives for Recommendations: Everyone loves a reward for recommending someone! You can offer your clients a complimentary service or a discount on their next appointment for bringing in a new client.
- Play Around With Promotions: How about a back-to-school promotion that offers a free eyebrow waxing when a client comes in for a haircut, or $15 off walk-in color appointments? Don’t be afraid to offer promotions that can entice new customers.
- Take Part In a Hair and Beauty Exhibit: This is the perfect opportunity for staff to showcase talent and services to attract crowds.
- Have Those Business Cards Handy: This tried-and-true method is one of the best ways to get your brand out there! Staff can pass out their cards during exhibits to interested customers.
- Host a Charity Event: This rewarding opportunity allows you to give back to the community that helped build your brand.
- Get Radio Advertisements Out There: Radio advertisements are incredibly effective, especially for those potential clients who prefer radio over social media.
- Give Co-Marketing a Try: Don’t feel as if you should shy away from collaborations. For example, the nail salon down the road can advertise your salon’s hair services on a poster in exchange for ads on your end. It’s a win-win situation!
While you use these unique ways to attract new clients to your salon, you may be thinking about upgrading your salon space. At Salon Equipment Center, we offer quality salon reception furniture with a generous warranty that will work with your business. Feel free to explore our selection today!