Whether you’re opening a salon or in the mindset of a revamp, there’s no that question you’re in the market for equipment. The process of finding the right equipment can be stressful. From the costs of furniture to its quality and comfort, deciding how you’d like to furnish your facility is time-consuming. Nonetheless, reading over these 12 tips for choosing the best salon equipment will prepare you for what to expect.
- Budget Your Finances: Opening or upgrading a business starts with your finances. Setting a realistic budget keeps you aware of how much you’re able to spend without putting your salon in debt.
- Prioritize Quality: Having high-quality tools and furnishings allows for smooth operations without worrying about a breakdown, given they’re among the most used daily.
- Know the Warranty: Take note of the warranty offered with your purchases and what it covers. The more extended the contract, the easier it will be to replace damaged chairs and goods.
- Avoid Used Equipment: Purchasing used salon equipment seems like a thrifty idea to save money. However, before doing so, consider how used furnishings affect the customer’s experience and whether you’ll need to replace them sooner than expected.
- Buy in Bulk: It’s better to buy salon equipment in bulk rather than individually. Distributors often supply wholesale salon equipment in large quantities at a discounted price that’ll help put money back in your pocket.
- Know Your Clientele: Noticing a trend in clientele helps you figure out what tools are worth investing in. For example, deciding to offer skin care services can depend on age demographic.
- Define Your Services: It’s essential to be aware of what services you’ll offer customers so you’ll know what equipment to prioritize. For example, hairstyling requires more chairs, hairdryers, combs, and scissors as nail salons will call for more nail tools and foot sinks.
- Consider Energy-Efficient Tools: With many businesses investing in reducing energy costs, much modern equipment combats energy waste.
- Test Your Products: It’s essential to know how to operate all equipment in your establishment. Test each item and ask your supplier questions in case directions are unclear.
- Invest in Easy Assembly: Equipment that requires little to no assembly will save you a headache.
- Have a Style: It’s comforting to have a layout of how you want your space to look.
- Check Reviews: Focusing on tool reviews before buying determines what equipment will be the best fit for your establishment and allows you to learn more about your supplier.
It sounds like a ton to keep track of, as there is much planning and care involved! However, being aware of these 12 tips for choosing the best salon equipment will put you at an excellent place to start bringing your vision to life.